If your unit is not giving any signs of powering on you can test it using the Paperclip test.
You will need:
1x metal paperclip
1. Disconnect your power supply from your motherboard if you have not already.
2. Flip the switch on the back of your power supply to the off position "0"
3. On the 24 Pin connector locate the green wire** going into pin 16 (see diagram below for pin numbering)
4. Insert one end of the paperclip into the pin 16
5. Insert the other end of the paper clip into pin 17 that has a black wire going into it. (you can also plug it in on any of the black ground wires)
6. Flip the switch on your power supply to the on "|" position.
Please refer to this spread sheet for the 24 pin PSU connector to locate the grounding cables
|Pins 1 through 12||Pins 13 through 24|
|Description||Wire color||Pin number||Pin number||Wire color||Description|
|+3.3 volts||orange||1||13||orange||+3.3 volts|
|+3.3 volts||orange||2||14||blue||-12 volts|
|PWR_OK||gray||8||20||white||-5 volts (optional)|
|VSB +5 volts||purple||9||21||red||+5 volts|
|+12 volts||yellow||10||22||red||+5 volts|
|+12 volts||yellow||11||23||red||+5 volts|
**On units from our HCP series this is a Green and Black wire, however the pin location is the same. Be sure you have the 24pin modular cable properly plugged into your HCP Platinum Power Supply.